Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Take Note

Lately, I've realized a few things that I guess I had really never paid attention to. I've learned them from being at school, driving, and working as a hostess where I constantly have to deal with people. So here is a compilation of the things I've learned:

1. People are just plain rude. They only worry about themselves and don't stop to take the time to consider what they're actually doing/saying to you. So sorry honey, but your feelings don't matter to anyone but you.

2. Hostesses hate when people ask for specific tables. It throws the whole rotation off, because we have to seat the waitress next in line. SO please DON'T just pick your own table. 

3. In the restaurant business the words "double seating/sat" are the equivalent of saying "EFF YOU!" Waitresses hate getting two tables in a row and as soon as they say "double sat" you know you're in trouble. Some waitresses also just like saying it even though they know they've had the same table for more then 20 minutes and can handle another. Sorry, but you shouldn't be a waitress then.

4. Other people stink at driving. They probably failed coloring in the lines in kindergarten, because they can't keep they're car in their lane. Maybe part of the driving test should be to color in the lines...

5. Indie pop/rock is pretty AH-mazing. I never realized that I could technically be considered a hipster until two weeks ago when I randomly googled the genres of my favorite bands. Check out Of Monsters and Men, Marina and the Diamonds, Ellie Goulding (yes she IS considered indie pop), and Mumford and Sons. 

6. You shouldn't hurry up childhood or High School. Senior year when you're filling out applications you will realize that it all flew by WAY too fast. Asking father time to slow down also never works. In fact I think he intentionally speeds it up. :P Enjoy childhood, because nap time and no homework is great kids. 

7. My face is crooked. Yeppers my nose turns to the side a little. This might explain why I walk crooked, hang things crooked, and can't draw straight lines. Gotta love the things your friends notice. It explains so much. 

8. Stress makes people act in funny ways. Honestly, everyone wants to rip each others' throats out! Stress= taking anger out on others for no reason. Always a pleasure. 




4 comments:

  1. I worked at a movie theater for two years, so I feel you. Sometimes you just have to step back and laugh at it all, though. Otherwise you'll go mad.

    Mumford and Sons are amazing, as is Ellie Goulding. If you've never heard of Annuals, you should check them out, too. And Miike Snow. Geniuses.

    Agreed about high school. College sucks way worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, people are just ridiculous. I always wonder what rock they crawled out from underneath.

      I'll definitely check them out. I think I've heard of Annuals.

      College sounds like it would be even worse. You're having to base your future on more years of schooling. It's ridiculous.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha. I love the coloring in between the lines and staying in your lane comparison. Fantastic.

    And your welcome ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! It's saddening how some people just drive in the middle of the road.
      I'm glad you noticed the crooked face thing, because I had seen it and I thought I was crazy.

      Delete